Plus - two upcoming charity events hosted by Jaylin and the Bootique Fitness staff
We all have days where we really don’t want to workout. We even might have days where we don’t want to get out of bed! It is important to stick to your workouts, regardless. The more you stick to your plan, the easier it is to stay motivated.
Remember these seven tips to help you stay motivated! And yes, it will get easier!
1. Post a Calendar -- In the age of Blackberries, iPhones and keeping track of your affairs electronically, it might seem silly to purchase an old-fashioned calendar. However, the visual effect of the calendar posted on your wall can be very helpful and motivate you to track your workouts. Write your workouts on the calendar once completed. This will give you a reason to celebrate at the end of the week and keep you from skipping workouts!
2. Scheduled Appointments -- Think of your workouts as appointments, like you would have at work. Hold yourself accountable by blocking out that time in your calendar and not letting other things interfere. Keeping to your appointments will keep up the momentum and your motivation. It is a great idea to join a Bootcamp because of the accountability. If you aren’t there, it is a lot more noticeable than if you miss a gym workout!
3. Fun Workouts! -- Your workouts should be effective and intense; however, you should also incorporate 'fun' workouts. If you like dance, or playing soccer, set aside a certain amount of time to dedicate to your 'fun' workout.
4. Variety -- Mix it up a bit. Boring workouts can be demotivating. Add new exercises into your workout routine. A benefit to attending Bootcamp as a workout is that there is always variety. One day you might be using fitness bands, another day doing pushups or lunges. It is never boring!
5. Workout Buddies -- It is very motivating to see friends working out and getting results. If you don’t have a friend to workout with, join a group or a class. At our Bootcamp, the trainers do a daily introduction and partner exercises to encourage camaraderie. This is a great way to make friends and stay motivated!
6. Weekly Updates -- One of the most motivating things for anyone on an exercise regimen is to see results. Take weekly photos, measurements and keep track of your weight in a journal and track your progress. The photos help you to see what the scale doesn’t always show: Your body changing. You’ll be surprised at the difference from week to week and it is a great way to keep it up!
7. Review -- After each workout, do a mental check-in. Review with yourself what was tough and what you did well. Pat yourself on the back for completing another workout and getting one step closer to your goal. Remember whether you had doubts about coming and congratulate yourself on getting through it!
We hope these seven tips help you to stay motivated and closer to your fitness goals. Happy Workout!
BONUS – we have one more tip for you – Have a Cause!
Lots of people find it rewarding to support a cause by getting sponsored for a race or a triathlon. At Bootique Fitness, we’re hosting two upcoming events to support a cause that is special to us – the kids!
Mark your calendar for these two events to support "It’s All About The Kids" - a local non-profit organization focused on children.
Sunday, March 13th – 10:00 am – ZUMBA for Charity
We have 22 spots open for this special Sunday ZUMBA class, located at the Mind, Body, Soul Dance Studio at 2971 India St, San Diego.
Tickets are $8 in advance or $10 at the door. 50% of proceeds will go to the charity.
See details and sign up at Zumba Charity Event.
Sunday, March 20th – 11:00 am – Boot Camp for Charity
At the De Anza Cove in Mission Bay Park, we will host a boot camp for women and this time donate 100% of the proceeds to "It’s All About The Kids”! Voluntary donations will be accepted on site.
Enjoy a chair massage by Haven Body Therapy after all your hard work in boot camp.
See full details for this event HERE.
We’d love for you to come out and meet us at either of these events. Beginners and advanced fitness levels are all welcome, as we will show you exactly how to work out at the best level for you.
You’ll not only enjoy the endorphin high of a great workout, but also that good feeling you get when you know you’ve helped another.
For more information about our classes and events, check out our blog or give us a call. We’ll be happy to hear from you!
More about It's All About the Kids
It's All About the Kids Foundation is a 501c(3) non-profit organization committed to the advancement of children through the joining of music, arts and the generosity of corporations and individuals. We incorporate new and innovative programs to benefit childrens charities and enhance the lives of less fortunate children.
Jaylin Allen is a local Fitness Expert in San Diego, known for getting her clients in shape in record time through her popular "Boot Camps For Women" and "Zumba" classes. For more information about Jaylin, fitness, or her classes, be sure to check out Bootique Fitness or call 619.602.8087.