BOSTON -- Two weeks ago, The Network (for LGBT Tobacco Control) was asked to offer some recommendations of LGBT resources for CDC’s health equity user’s guide. This was an exciting opportunity which we were glad to take on!
We were asked to provide a list of websites, some culturally-tailored, some evidence-based cessation programs, and some promising practices to promote cessation among certain populations.
We came up with quite a few key website resources:
- The Network for LGBT Health Equity website : That's us!
- The Network for LGBT Health Equity blog : That's also us!!
- The Last Drag (San Francisco) : Free Quit Smoking Classes for LGBTI & HIV+ Smokers
- Out to Quit : The DC Center Tobacco Working Group
- California LGBT Tobacco Education Partnership
- Partnership for a Tobacco-Free Maine: LGBT page
To see the complete list of LGBT health resources compiled, with an emphasis on smoking cessation, click HERE.