- Health, Wellness & Sports
- Equality Directory
NEW YORK -- Sam Champion, a weatherman for ABC's "Good Morning America," has come out. Oh, and he is getting married.
Champion said he and his boyfriend Rubem Robierb are now engaged with plans to marry later this year.
The two men met in Miami, where the Brazilian-born Robierb lives. Robierb is a fine-arts photographer.
The ABC family immediately took to Twitter to welcome the news:
- ABC News' President Ben Sherwood (@SherwoodBen) tweeted Congratulations @SamChampion & Rubem Robeirb -- thrilled for both of you -- wishing the very best.
- ABC News 7 anchor Liz Cho (@LizCho7): Mazel Tov! So thrilled for you and Rubem.
- Bianna Golodryga (@biannagolodryga): Congratulations Sam!!
- John Berman (@johnsberman ): Mazel Tov!! All the best 2 u both!
ABC Blog invited viewers to tune into "GMA" on Monday to hear Champion talk about his big news.