Icariin And Its Benefits! Find Out Now!
Icariin, the potent bioactive compound derived from horny goat weed herb, is widely used for treating a variety of conditions in Eastern herbal medicine.
How Does Icariin Help Your Body?
The research is limited on the effects of its compound, the herb is well known for improving symptoms of erectile dysfunction and it is presented as an aphrodisiac in many cultures around the globe.
Potential Medical Benefits Of Using Icariin
- Combats Erectile Dysfunction: Icariin is prescribed as a potent natural medicine for treating ED. This compound is known to block the effects of the phosphodiesterase protein that limits the blood flow to the penile chambers and prevents erections.
- Protects Cartilage: Icariin has been successfully used in animal studies to slow the breakdown of cartilage in the joints and prevent the onset of conditions such as osteoarthritis.
- May Promote Bone Health: Icariin was found to help increase hip and lower spine bone density in a clinical trial conducted over 100 postmenopausal women. Icariin’s effects in inhibiting deoxypyridinoline are known to help slow down the breakdown of bones in aging women.
- May Promote Cognitive Health: Several animal studies have consistently shown Icariin effects in combating harmful proteins and preventing conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Dementia and suppressing neuroinflammation in rats. The improved brain blood flow from using Icariin can also enhance cognitive function by stimulating the
- May Improve Heart Health: Icariin has been found to be effective in protecting several heart-related muscle groups and vascular efficiency. Reduction in oxidative damage in the mitochondria of diabetic rat hearts was also observed when they were given Icariin.
- Boosts Immunity: By reducing inflammation and increasing the production of proteins that are pivotal in pathogen recognition and activation of the immune response, Icariin can bolster your immunity against various diseases.
Other Known Benefits
Icariin is mainly prescribed as an invigorating aphrodisiac for promoting sex drive and improving erectile dysfunctions. One of the most common factors that lead to ED is stress and anxiety build-up. In one clinical trial, Icariin was shown to reduce depressive symptoms in people with high levels of cortisol (a stress hormone).
Although one clinical trial is not enough to establish its effectiveness, it shows definite promise as a natural compound in alleviating stress and combating sexual issues relating to stress and anxiety.
Icariin is now being used in bodybuilding supplements due to the improved blood circulation it provides and its effects in combating fatigue. The invigorating aphrodisiac effects of the horny goat weed herb are also helpful in increasing energy levels and stamina.
The anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting effects of this herb can also help relieve symptoms of allergies.
Although the studies conducted on this natural flavonoid derived from the horny goat weed herb are limited and are mainly animal trials, the increasing potential health benefits highlight its versatile use.
Some experiments with the herb have even shown anti-cancer properties by targeting cancer stem cells and reversing multidrug resistance in tumor cells.
Icariin still has a long way to go in establishing itself among other potent natural medications. As for now, it should be used under the strict guidance of a healthcare professional who will consider its potential side effects on you as well before prescribing its use.
James specializes in providing individuals with the fundamental knowledge and tools they need to maximize their health. He works as a general practitioner, diagnosing and treating conditions that affect people's general health. He focuses on providing informative content for the website.