Probiotics are microorganisms that benefit human health in different ways, most importantly the gut. Probiotic supplements are good for all people but, experts give a solid reason why they are essential for women.
Health professionals have found that women are more likely to experience irritable bowel syndrome than men and the ratio discovered in clinical studies is 2:1. In addition to the gut microbiome, women have a vaginal microbiome that also requires proper balance for smooth functioning. These are the factors that make it crucial for women to be more concerned about gut health than men.
A Dietitian’s Picks Of The 5 Best Probiotics For Women Of 2023
Several treatments and approaches are available for improving gut health among which the most effective is probiotic supplements. These formulations supply good bacteria into the body thereby helping balance gut microbiota which is essential for gut health.
Among the beneficial probiotic supplements available, certain probiotics are designed specifically for women. These supplements support vaginal health, fertility, general immunity, and gut health.
Due to their potency, different nutrition brands are releasing a range of probiotics for women, and the market is flooded with these formulations. So, you might find it difficult to find the right probiotic that supports the vaginal microbiome as well as boosts gut health.
To ease your search, we have listed the best probiotics for women currently available in the market. Keep reading to find out which probiotic is ideal for your gut health and overall wellness.
5 Best Probiotics For Women In 2023
From extensive research and analysis, we have chosen the best probiotics for women currently available in the market. The following five supplements are the top picks we have for you that are sure to deliver significant results:
1. YourBiology Gut+
YourBiology Gut+ is an advanced gut health support complex specifically designed for women’s overall gut health and well-being. This formula consists of the right combination of premium bacteria strains including 4 live+ potent bacteria strains that deliver 40 billion CFUs safely and without any stomach troubles.
This prebiotics and probiotics formula consists of high-quality ingredients like lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium lactis, lactobacillus Plantarum, lactobacillus paracasei, Maktrek marine polysaccharide complex, and fructooligosaccharide that deliver significant results like reducing stress levels, eliminating bloating, better weight management, skin health, fighting symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, balanced vaginal flora, and overall gut health.
Each bottle of YourBiology Gut+ consists of 60 easy-to-swallow capsules that are clinically proven to be free from dairy, soy, gluten, GMOs, and preservatives. Each pill is manufactured in standard labs that are GMP-certified ensuring safety, quality, and the presence of live bacteria strains.
|Colony Forming Units (CFU)||40 Billion CFU|
|Dosage||2 Capsules Per Day|
|Price||$59.99 (Starting Price)|
- Contains 4+ live bacteria strains
- Uses a blend of prebiotic ingredients as well
- Shelf stable
- Available for purchase only through the official YourBiology Gut+ website
2. Probiotic 40 Billion
The next on the list is Probiotic 40 Billion which is proven to deliver significant results. This probiotic complex is formulated to target digestive health and deliver other benefits as well. It is made using a proprietary blend of probiotic bacteria and other potent ingredients that are added in the required amounts to keep their properties intact and work in synergy to deliver the desired benefits.
The main ingredients used in Probiotic 40 Billion include lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium lactis, lactobacillus Plantarum, lactobacillus paracasei, Maktrek marine polysaccharide complex, and fructooligosaccharide. These ingredients work together to improve digestive health by replenishing live bacteria, strengthening the immune system, and enhancing overall health.
Each bottle of Probiotic 40 Billion consists of 60 capsules manufactured in lab facilities that are FDA-registered and GMP-certified. This probiotic complex is tested in third-party labs for its purity and potency. So, Probiotic 40 Billion is free from fillers and all-natural.
|Colony Forming Units (CFU)||40 Billion CFU|
|Dosage||2 Capsules Per Day|
|Price||$39.99 (Starting Price)|
- Contains a proprietary blend of probiotic bacteria strains
- Formulated using Maktrek Bi-Pass technology
- Does not contain prebiotics
3. Oweli Probiotic
Oweli Probiotic is a holistic formula that is created to optimize gut health. This is a powerful full-spectrum probiotic supplement that supports gut health, immune response, and overall wellness. The supplement consists of important probiotic strains that are added in the right amounts in each capsule so that they work effectively to maximize the results.
The core ingredients used in Oweli Probiotic include lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium lactis, lactobacillus Plantarum, lactobacillus paracasei, Maktrek marine polysaccharide complex, and fructooligosaccharide. They work in synergy to deliver a range of health benefits like better gut health, healthy digestion, high immune function, better weight management, enhanced mood, and better skin health.
Every container of Oweli Probiotic consists of 60 veggie capsules made in GMP-certified lab facilities and tested in independent labs for safety and purity. The supplement contains 40 billion CFUs of good bacteria strains using MAKtrek Bi-Pass technology to ensure better efficiency.
|Colony Forming Units (CFU)||40 Billion CFU|
|Dosage||2 Capsules Per Day|
|Price||$44.99 (Starting Price)|
- Contains a broad range of probiotic strains
- Free from added sugar
- Zero calories and easy to swallow
- Time for results might vary with each person
BiomeMD by 1MD Nutrition is a breakthrough probiotic formula created to provide the ultimate digestive care. This supplement is formulated to support gut health and boost immune system health in all people above the age of 18. It consists of 62 Billion CFUs delivered by 15 robust probiotic strains.
BiomeMD consists of quality ingredients like Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Bacillus coagulans, Lactobacillus reuteri, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, lactobacillus gasseri, and so on. These probiotic strains deliver effective results like gastrointestinal lining support, immune cell function, reduce occasional diarrhea, better digestion and absorption, and healthy bowel movements.
Each bottle of BiomeMD consists of 30 dietary capsules made in the United States in lab facilities that are GMP-certified. This probiotic complex is free from dairy, peanuts, wheat, shellfish, and GMOs.
|Colony Forming Units (CFU)||62 Billion CFU|
|Dosage||1 Capsule Per Day|
|Price||$34.99 (Starting Price)|
- 62 billion CFUs from 15 robust probiotic strains
- Uses the latest capsule technology
- Free from dairy, peanuts, wheat, shellfish, and GMOs
- Available for purchase only through the official BiomeMD website
LeanBiome is an advanced probiotic formula formulated to deliver a range of health benefits. This supplement targets different aspects of health like smooth gut functioning and weight loss. It is made using 9 clinically researched lean bacteria species along with Green Select Phytosome to deliver significant results.
These premium-quality ingredients used in LeanBiome including lactobacillus gasseri, lactobacillus rhamnosus, lactobacillus fermentum, Greenselect Phytosome, Bifidobacterium bifidum, and a lot more work in synergy to improve gut microbiome, enhance digestive health, suppress hunger, dampen cravings, accelerate metabolism, and reduce fat storage.
Each bottle of the LeanBiome probiotic consists of 60 capsules that are produced and stored in state-of-the-art, FDA-inspected, climate-controlled, and GMP-certified facilities in the United States ensuring complete safety, purity, and potency. This probiotic is vegan-friendly, doctor-formulated, and free from gluten, soy, dairy, crustaceans, BPA, GMOs, nuts, and eggs. LeanBiome consists of 20 billion CFUs that boost its effectiveness.
|Colony Forming Units (CFU)||20 Billion CFU|
|Dosage||2 Capsules Per Day|
|Price||$59 (Starting Price)|
- Contains powerful probiotic strains and Greenselect Phytosome
- Uses cutting-edge and patented DRcaps capsules
- Free from nuts, crustaceans, dairy, gluten, BPA, GMOs, eggs, and soy
- Exceeding the dosage of LeanBiome might lead to serious health problems
How We Chose And Ranked The Best Probiotics
As plenty of probiotic supplements are available in the market, we have followed certain criteria in choosing the best. The below-mentioned are some of the factors that we looked upon to select the best probiotics:
- Ingredients Used– The first thing we looked for was the quality of the ingredients used in the probiotics available in the market. We have selected probiotics for women free from toxins, stimulants, and other harmful substances. Also, the supplements listed here contain ingredients in the right amounts safe for human consumption.
- Probiotic Strains- The next aspect we verified was the use of probiotic strains. Probiotic supplements are most effective in improving gut health and provide significant results in women. All the probiotics listed here contain scientifically backed probiotic strains ensuring high potency.
- Safety- Another important aspect that we checked was the safety standards of the probiotic supplements. All the probiotic formulas listed here are manufactured in state-of-the-art lab facilities using the latest technologies and equipment ensuring complete safety and quality.
- Customer Reviews- Next, we surveyed the user responses to the probiotic supplements available. From these, we have chosen only supplements that have delivered significant results to women with regular use. Checking customer reviews is one of the best ways to verify the genuineness of a health supplement and the ones listed here have received many positive responses.
- Third-Party Testing- Finally, we verified if the probiotics are tested in independent laboratories for their safety, purity, and effectiveness. All the probiotics for women mentioned here are tested in third-party labs and found to be of the highest safety and quality.
Best Probiotics For Women – Buying Guide
If you are planning to purchase a probiotic formula, there are certain important factors that you should consider. These factors will help you try the best probiotic for women available in the market.
Here, we have given a complete guide on the things that you should look for before buying a probiotic formula and a comparison of the best probiotics available in 2023.
Factors To Consider While Purchasing A Probiotic
These are some of the main factors that you should consider while purchasing a probiotic supplement:
- Purpose- The first thing to consider is the purpose of taking probiotics. Each probiotic formula serves different purposes, some are specifically designed to target gut and immune health while some address the vaginal microbiome as well.
- CFU Count- CFU count is the count of the colony-forming bacteria present in the probiotic supplement. This number indicates the amount of live bacteria strains used. Most working probiotics contain 1 to 40 million CFUs that deliver effective results.
- Manufacturing Standards- The next thing to consider is the manufacturing standards of the probiotic formula. Make sure to buy probiotics that are made in standard lab facilities that are FDA-approved and GMP-certified. Probiotic formulas that are tested in independent labs ensure 100% safety and purity.
- Dietary Restrictions- Dietary restrictions are the next factor to look for as some people follow strict diets. Some probiotics are labeled gluten-free, dairy-free, GMO-free, and so on that is of key consideration to such people.
- Storage- The storage needs of probiotics is the next aspect to consider. Most probiotic complexes are shelf stable and can be stored at room temperature. But, there are a few formulas that require refrigeration as they are sensitive to moisture and heat.
- Third-Party Testing- It is always better to go for probiotics that are tested in independent laboratories as it is easy to verify their safety, integrity, and effectiveness.
- Scientific Evidence- The scientific grounding of probiotics will help verify how safe and effective they are. So, while choosing a probiotic supplement, check the scientific research supporting its authenticity.
- Money-Back Guarantee- It is always safe to try probiotic supplements that are backed by solid money-back policies. As each individual is different and results might vary, in case of dissatisfaction, people can easily opt for a full refund without any hassles.
- Pricing- Pricing is also a crucial factor that you should consider while purchasing a probiotic formula. First, calculate your budget, and based on this, choose a cost-effective supplement.
- Discounts- Most working probiotic formulas come with exclusive discounts so that all people can try them. To save your money and try the best supplement, choose the ones that offer special discounts.
How To Get The Best Out Of Probiotics?
To achieve effective results from probiotics, there are certain tips that you should follow. These tips are given below that you can go through to make the most out of your probiotic formula:
- The first thing you can do is choose the right type of probiotic for your condition. You can seek medical help and try a supplement as directed by your physician.
- Next, check the label carefully and verify the colony-forming units (CFUs) present in the supplement. The higher the number of CFUs, the better the results.
- Follow the dosage directions given on the supplement label. Each probiotic formula has a different dosage. So, make sure to consume the right dosage to get the desired results.
- Store the probiotic formula in the right condition. Some supplements are shelf stable, that is, they can be stored at room temperature while others have to be refrigerated.
- Take the probiotic formula for the suggested period so that it can deliver optimum results that last for a longer time.
Final Verdict On Best Probiotics For Women!
As maintaining gut health in women is more important than in men, finding the right probiotic formula is a must. From among the plethora of supplements available in the market, we have listed the 5 best probiotics for women.
These probiotic supplements are selected after detailed research and examination based on data collected from trusted medical forums, interacting with the research teams about their clinical quality, surveying the real customer responses, and testing each formula in third-party labs.
Each of the probiotic formulas listed here is unique, safe, natural, and highly effective. They target different aspects of gut health in women and deliver significant benefits like better gut and vaginal health, smooth digestive function, improved immune function, and overall wellness. So, based on your condition and requirements, you can choose any of the probiotics mentioned here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Probiotics are microorganisms that benefit human health in different ways such as improving gut health, fighting harmful microbes and other substances, boosting immunity, and enhancing overall health. Probiotics are important for women as they help in improving gut and vaginal health.
Probiotics are tiny microorganisms that deliver a range of beneficial effects. They flourish in the gut and vaginal area thereby maintaining a healthy gut and vaginal ecosystem.
Each probiotic formula is unique with different dosages and courses of use. So, make sure to follow the instructions given on the label of the probiotic that you are using.
Pregnant or nursing women are advised to consult a physician before using a probiotic formula.
Lactobacillus and bifidobacterium strains are the most beneficial for women as they help in preventing yeast infection, improving gut health, and boosting immune health.
To get your hands on the right probiotic formula, check the number of CFUs used in the supplement, verify its manufacturing standards, and if possible, check the customer responses.
Probiotics usually come in capsule or powder form. It is always better to take probiotic supplements on an empty stomach or as directed on the supplement label.
Probiotics are natural supplements that do not cause any side effects. But, overdosing might result in serious adverse reactions.
All the data provided in this article is for information purposes only. Not a single fact provided in this content is to be considered a substitute for medical advice from your health professional. Always seek medical help if you have any doubts or concerns regarding any health issue. Use the information provided here only to remain informed and up-to-date.
James specializes in providing individuals with the fundamental knowledge and tools they need to maximize their health. He works as a general practitioner, diagnosing and treating conditions that affect people’s general health. He focuses on providing informative content for the website.