This celebration of the historic and eclectic North Park neighborhood attracts more than 40,000 attendees from around San Diego and beyond.
Craftsmanship sets the tone for this year’s 22nd annual event, from skilled brewers and chefs to painters and musicians - Saturday, May 12 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. –
North Park Main Street announces this year’s San Diego County Credit Union (SDCCU) Festival of Arts in North Park, a free festival that celebrates the artistic craftsmanship of the community, from unconventional street art to live musical talent. The festival will be held on May 12 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., offering a whole day of entertaining experiences that are free and highlight the local talents of North Park.
This celebration of the historic and eclectic North Park neighborhood attracts more than 40,000 attendees from around San Diego and beyond. There is something for all ages at this nine square block festival, including interactive exhibits, local makers, fine art and an array of live music along North Park’s busy University Avenue.
This year, the artistry goes beyond traditional mediums. Meticulously designed dishes, cocktails and craft brew recipes will also be highlighted in the festival’s new Craft Beer Block. For the first year ever, entry is free for this ages 21 and up experience. Attendees are invited to enjoy full 12 ounce pours of their favorite beer for purchase or enjoy a little bit of everything and buy a wristband to sample and sip from North Park’s top chefs, distillers, and brewers. All of this is in one place, plus free entertainment and the ever-popular Drag Queen Karaoke. The new Craft Beer Block is a sure crowd pleaser! Tickets can be purchased HERE.
“Our neighborhood is driven by its diversity and creativity, and the festival celebrates this through a variety of art forms,” said Angela Landsberg, Executive Director of North Park Main Street. “We have created daytime and evening experiences for every local and visitor to North Park to enjoy. Families can come for the day and music goers will enjoy the variety of local and regional indie rock, folk, funk and DJ sounds on our four stages. This day truly goes beyond the traditional art festival.”
There is something for everyone, including fun for the kids. The Kids Art Block will provide the opportunity to participate in interactive activities designed to stimulate, inspire imaginations and create masterpieces. Local dance troupes will perform throughout the day; face painters, crafters and family-friendly snacks will be available.
“With our flagship branch in the heart of North Park, SDCCU is proud to sponsor the San Diego County Credit Union Festival of Arts in North Park. We invite everyone throughout the county to join us at this one-of-a-kind event to enjoy live art, entertainment and fun for the whole family,” said Teresa Halleck, president and CEO of SDCCU.
Festival of Arts in North Park will be on May 12 from 11 am to 10 pm.
Event features include:
100 + Artists
• Artwork available for viewing and sale will include paintings, photography, pottery, live urban street art and handmade jewelry.
Gallery in the Street Fine Art & DJ Block
• Enjoy local and regional fine art for viewing or purchase in a swanky lounge atmosphere with DJ music and refreshments. It’s a great place to kick back and relax while you take in the finer side of things.
Live Art Block
• Local street artists will once again put on a show that amazes. See their magic as they transform everyday items into pieces of art right before your eyes. Music and a hip vibe bring this part of the festival to a new levels.
4 Performance Stage
• A variety of musical performances will include indie, pop rock, world music, blues, spoken word performances and DJ music.
Craft Beer Block
• Free and open to ages 21 and up. Guests may purchase full beer pours or buy a wristband and enjoy an opportunity to sips four-ounce samples of North Park’s best brews, cocktails and food from North Park’s favorite eateries.