The Development Service Department will also be closed on Friday.
All City of San Diego administrative offices will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 28, 2019, in observance of Thanksgiving Day. (Note: The Development Service Department will be closed both Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29.)
There will be a one-day delay in trash, yard waste and curbside recyclables collection for customers served by the Environmental Services Department beginning Thursday, Nov. 28, 2019. For example: Thursday’s collection will occur on Friday, Friday’s collection will occur on Saturday.
• Trash and recyclables collection will return to their normal schedule Monday, Dec. 2, 2019. This schedule is for the city of San Diego only. Residents in other cities should check with their waste hauler for holiday service schedules.
• The City’s refuse/recyclables container sales office on Miramar Place will be closed.
• San Vicente Reservoir will be open a half-hour before sunrise to sunset.
• Golf courses and starter booths will be open normal hours. Holiday rates will apply.
• All public buildings in Balboa Park will be closed including: Balboa Park Activity Center, Botanical Building, Casa del Prado, Municipal Gym and War Memorial Building. Check with other individual museums and attractions for their holiday schedules.
• All skate parks will be open.
• Parking meters, time restrictions for parking on streets and yellow zones within the city of San Diego will not be enforced. Red, white and blue zones are still enforced every day. Parking rules on Port property and in different cities may vary so please read the signage provided.
Specific closures at City facilities on Thursday, Nov. 28:
• All administrative offices
• Miramar Landfill
• All libraries
• All recreation centers
• All pools
• Chollas Lake
• Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center
• Tecolote Nature Center
• Open Space and Maintenance Assessment District Offices
• The Testing, Employment Information Center and Background/Fingerprinting offices within the Personnel Department
• The Family Justice Center (Individuals needing help with domestic violence should call 9-1-1 and/or the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-888-385-4657.)
• Police and Fire-Rescue emergency crews will not be impacted
• Station 38 (Citywide emergency dispatch center) will be on duty