This may not quite be the medicine you thought it was, but not all remedies come in a bottle!
New Year Medicine is the first part to an amazing routine that utilizes a medicine ball! Today you will be tearing up your lower body with 5 super intense moves! Be sure to practice proper form and use the right size medicine ball for you!
This routine is designed to give anyone a great workout for AT HOME, OUTSIDE or at the GYM.
This Routine Requires:
1. Medicine Ball
2. Box or Sturdy Bench
List of Exercises:
• 4 sets per exercise
• 15 reps per set OR 30 seconds
1. Medicine Ball Burpee
2. Medicine Ball Single-Leg Romanian Deadlift
3. Medicine Ball Overhead Squat
4. Medicine Ball Alternating Overhead Stepping-Lunge
5. Medicine Ball Box Jump
• Little to no rest between each set
• You can change the order of the exercises
Remember, when doing this routine, workout at your OWN intensity.
• This means if you cannot perform as many sets and reps as I do in the video, do as many as you can.
There are a couple different ways you can do this routine.
• You can perform each exercise for 1 set and then start over. (Complete the circuit 4 times)
• You can perform each exercise for 4 sets before moving to the next exercise and the workout is finished once you perform the last exercise.
• You can superset 2 exercises, take a 45-60 second break and then superset the next two. (A superset is when you do two exercises at the same time, one right after the other until you complete 4 sets of both exercises)
• This routine can be done every other day.
IMPORTANT: Remember that your MEAL PLAN will determine 100% of your results! Be sure to check out the 8 minute demo for the SHF Meal Plan.
(0:36) Part TWO link
(0:38) Routine Sets & Reps
(0:58) Medicine Ball Burpee
(1:43) Medicine Ball Single-Leg Romanian Deadlift
(2:36) Medicine Ball Overhead Squat
(3:11) Medicine Ball Alternating Overhead Stepping-Lunge
(3:43) Medicine Ball Box Jump
NOTE: Alternate Part 1 & Part 2 Monday through Saturday, utilize Sunday for a day of rest, and then begin again on Monday!
Enjoy - we are waiting for you on our Facebook Community page where you will find more FREE fitness tips.
Follow this link to visit Scott Herman's YouTube Channel.
Be sure to download your FREE SHF iPhone app for workouts on the go. (Make sure your iPhone/iPad software is up-to-date.)
Scott Herman is the founder and CEO of Scott Herman Fitness. He created the business because he saw the need for people who wanted to get in shape, but couldn’t afford the high cost of a personal trainer. He has worked in a gym since he was 14 and has done everything from GM to Fitness Professional. He attended Merrimack College in North Andover, Mass., where he received his bachelor’s degree in business administration. He also holds a real estate license. After college, Scott harnessed his energy into a career that encompassed all the things he loves: fitness, modeling and the entertainment business. Thus, Scott Herman Fitness on YouTube was born and this dynamo now spends his days expanding his social network on his quest to teach fitness to the world for free.