The next meeting of the Hillcrest Town Council (HTC) is Tuesday, Feb. 9 at 6:30 pm. All Hillcrest residents - owners or renters - are encouraged to attend to make their voice be heard and learn more about neighborhood happenings.
The meeting's agenda is below.
6:30 pm: Community Representatives & Public Comment
• Jessica Mier for Congresswoman Susan Davis
• Toni Duran for Speaker Toni Atkins
• Katelyn Hailey for Senator Marty Block
• Nerea Urtasun for County Supervisor Ron Roberts
• Adriana Martinez for Councilmember Todd Gloria
• Julio DeGuzman for the City Attorney's Office
• Benny Cartwright for The Center
• Elizabeth Hannon for the Uptown Parking District
• Brandon Smith for the Alpha Project
• Zach Schlagel or David Mier for UCSD Medical Center Hillcrest
• Monica Montano for Scripps Mercy
7:00 pm: Presentation of the L.I.O.N. Award
The L.I.O.N. Award (Let's Improve Our Neighborhood) is given to a person/project/group who contributed significantly to our community. This year we are giving this award to Tim Gahagan for his service as President of the UCPD (Uptown Community Parking District) during its restructuring. He provided outstanding leadership bringing four community groups together to find better parking solutions for Uptown.
7:15 pm: HBA Projects Presentation
Ben Nichols, the Hillcrest Business Association Executive Director will lead a discussion concerning two new projects for Hillcrest. First he will detail the plans for the greenway on Normal Street and then he will disucss the new Maintenance Assessment District (MAD) under formation for the Eastern part of Hillcrest.
7:45 pm: Discussion of the Uptown Gateway Council
Tom Mulaney (Uptown Planners) and Roy Dahl (Hillcrest Parking Committee) will discuss the newly formed Uptown Gateway Council which represents developers in the area of Sixth Ave from Pennsylvania to RT 163. This group is concerned about issues of density and height and want to change the community plan that is in development. Tom and Roy will pass a signup sheet for those interested in a sub-committee to monitor this new council.
The meeting will take place at the Joyce Beers Community Center at 3900 Vermont St. in the HUB.
More information about HTC is available HERE.