"You may be asked to stop. If you don’t, you may be asked to leave. Please respect your neighbors!"
Fans attending the CRSSD Festival in San Diego next month are going to have to show their spirit without the use of Japanese fans, the festival has social media buzzing with their new set of rules which discourages "fan slapping," or the act of taking out a hand-held fan and snapping it open to produce a sharp cracking sound.
The bi-annual electronic music extravaganza CRSSD Festival held on San Diego's beautiful waterfront, has listed the activity under the "Heavily Discouraged" list of rules which means you can still bring the accessory just don't snap it.
Festival-goers and artists have taken to social media and the majority approve of the new guidance, although they are more critical of whistles which are still allowed.
There is another jaw-dropper which has actually been in place since 2015 and that's the "no rave" attire rule which also includes footwear and the overuse of tradeable jewelry: "No furry boots. Some kandi is ok, but overboard will be turned away. Use your judgment," reads the rule list.
Nudity is strictly prohibited as are pasties and thongs or anything that can expose certain parts of the body when wet.
The festival is also putting the nix on CamelBaks, or water bladders that are worn backpack style. They will allow "one empty 24oz (or less) transparent plastic bottle."
It’s on city property. If they wanna keep having CRSSD there twice a year, they don’t want you showing up with your ass out, mask on, sucking on a pacifier, and covering your arms in kandi. It’s not a good look.
It’s supposed to be the “anti-rave”, weird considering the lineup is a lot of techno/house. No camelbacks either which is a bit of a bummer but it is 21+.
Same reason previous festivals banned those items. They are trying to convince the city that this is a normal concert and not a rave.
The festivals are popular events which attract some of the biggest names in the Techno/House music genre.
The CRSSD Festival will be held on September 28 and 29 at 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego.
Here is a list of the rules issued by CRSSD:
- Rave attire
- No furry boots. Some kandi is ok, but overboard will be turned away. Use your judgment.
- Fan Slapping (You may be asked to stop. If you don’t, you may be asked to leave. Please respect your neighbors!)
- Hula hoops
- LED gloves, Flowlights, etc
- Nudity, pasties, thongs (Clothing must not when wet expose parts of body under County Code 32.1002 prohibiting public nudity)
Other items that you’ll need to leave at home:
- Drugs / drug paraphernalia
- Cigarettes, E-Cigs, Vapes
- Outside food + drink [sealed outside food allowed for those who have a documented need (must have Dr.’s note that matches ID)]
- Laser Pointers
- CamelBaks / bladders (water stations provided + one empty 24oz (or less) transparent plastic bottle (Nalgene style) or clear plastic water bottle OK)
- Large backpacks (under 12×12 inches OK)
- Glass bottles or containers
- Weapons of any kind
- Laser pointers
- Selfie sticks
- Audio recording devices
- Professional photo / video cameras
- Umbrellas (parasols ok)
- Open Makeup
- Chalk, markers, sharpies
- Chains / chain wallets
- Stickers / flyers / solicitations
- Pets (guide/service dogs OK)
- Cleated shoes